Posts Tagged ‘Calsahara’
31 January 2017 Leave a comment
- On 24 January, Dictator for Life Travis McHenry – who formerly served as King Montague I from 2009 to 2014 – resigned as Calsahara’s head of government. The Calsarahan government is now entirely in the hands of McHenry’s son, King Nicholas. McHenry remains a Calsaharan military officer and webmaster of the nation’s website.
- On 19 January, it was announced that a new Delveran colony founded in the American southwest had experienced success with crop growing.
GRAND UNIFIED MICRONATIONAL
- 2 January saw the first Quorum of the new Chairman, King Adam I of Überstadt. Thomas Merrell of Zenrax was appointed Vice Chair, Bradley of Dullahan as Chief Justice, and Emperor Jonathan I as Archivist.
- After three years of relative diplomatic inactivity, Juclandia has announced that it will “take her head out of the sand” and engage with the international community of small nations, partially in an attempt to help combat a perceived drift towards far-right and far-left politics; “our culture, our values and our principles can help others moderate their own discourse”.
- In the third week of January, Lord Spiritual Richard of Mercia and Sôgmô Will Soergel of Sandus met in Reykjavík, Iceland. The two leaders discussed matters of national importance and toured the local area.
- A new information sign has been erected at the Molossian border with the US. Previously, information brochures were available for passers-by to take, but these would often run out.
- On 26 January, President Baugh of Molossia announced the construction of a Friendship Gateway in a symbolic gesture of opposition to plans for a US-Mexico border wall. The gateway is “to symbolise inclusiveness and openness”, and donors who buy a brick for the gate will have their names inscribed on a plaque.
- On 25 January, the Principality of Ongal issued its first gold currency, golden Dukats made of 14 carat gold. The coins were issued in celebation of the marriage of a princess in the ruling family.
Categories: MicroWorld Newsbites Adam I, Bradley of Dullahan, Calsahara, Delvera, Grand Duke Travis, GUM, Jonathan I, Juclandia, Kevin Baugh, Mercia, MicroWorld Newsbites, Molossia, Molossia Friendship Gateway, Nicholas of Calsahara, Ongal, Reykjavík, Richard Cunningham, Sandus, Thomas Merrell, United States of America, Will Sörgel, Zenrax
30 September 2016 Leave a comment
- The week of the first Monday in September has been declared Opera Week, during which all citizens are encouraged to listen to only opera and classical music.
- The abdication of Duke Elias I in favour in Shady Morsi, as reported last month, has been revealed to be a misunderstanding. After several days of mistakenly claiming to be Duke of Campinia, Morsi was offered the position of head of government as Grand Constable by Elias I, which he has accepted.
- On 1 September, NottaLotta Acres was annexed by the Grand Republic of Delvera with the consent of its citizens, having had an entirely stagnant administration for some time. On 21 September, the Empire signed a treaty with Delvera recognising it as a sovereign state and as the sole legitimate successor state of NottaLotta Acres. Many Delveran officials were previously NottaLottan political and military leaders.
- On 4 September, the Grand Duchy of Flandrensis celebrated eight years since its foundation.
- Hatsu Aki, son of previous head of state O-Hatsu Kenji-sama, has been unanimously elected to suceed the latter by the National Senate after his father retired in July. Hatsu Aki is expected to take office in early October.
LEYLANDIISTAN & GURVATA
- On 14 September, the Confederation of Leylandiistan and Gurvata dissolved, ceding its territory to the Republic of Ireland. The Empire had held diplomatic relations with Leylandiistan since January 2014.
- On 17 September, President Kevin Baugh and members of his family appeared in the Dayton Valley Days Parade of Dayton, Nevada, it being the seventh time that Molossia has been represented in the parade.
- On 17 September, King Adam I announced that from henceforth the Kingdom would aim to keep Edmount Island – Überstadt’s original territorial claim, which it initially hoped to one day settle – uninhabited and undisturbed for ecological reasons.
Categories: MicroWorld Newsbites Adam I, Überstadt, Calsahara, Campinia, Dayton, Dayton Valley Days Parade, Delvera, Edmount Island, Elias I, Flandrensis, Foreign relations, Hatsu Aki, Kevin Baugh, Kumano Jiritsu Nation, Leylandiistan, Leylandiistan & Gurvata, Molossia, NottaLotta Acres, O-Hatsu Kenji-sama, Opera Week, Shady Morsi