- On 9 February, Florenia expanded for the first time in its nearly six-year history. King Eran I annexed his personal residence – which until now had been in the United States of America – as the Dominion of Lexington. Afula, which prior to this was Florenia’s only land claim, remains the nation’s capital.
- On 10 February, James von Puchow as Chief Minister of Landashir released a declaration ceding Landashir’s final land claim – a residential property now in the UK – and having it assume the status of a non-territorial nation as opposed to a nation-state. From now on, Landashir’s government “shall operate as a general council of all registered Landashir’n nationals.”
- On 12 February, the Molossian Navy conducted a weapons test, successfully launching two rockets from a newly acquired RC1 Rocket Cannon.
- Princess Hannah celebrated her 21st birthday on 27 February with a meal and drinks out with her fiancé Emperor Jonathan I and several friends from the University of Chester.
- Zealandia, while well-known for its frequent changes of governmental system, has always retained its actual name; that is, until now. The country has changed its name to Uskor after the results of a referendum were announced on 24 February. Charlotte Lindstrom, founder of the nation and its paramount leader throughout its history, was sworn in as Chairwoman of Uskor on 27 February.
- On 24 January, Dictator for Life Travis McHenry – who formerly served as King Montague I from 2009 to 2014 – resigned as Calsahara’s head of government. The Calsarahan government is now entirely in the hands of McHenry’s son, King Nicholas. McHenry remains a Calsaharan military officer and webmaster of the nation’s website.
- On 19 January, it was announced that a new Delveran colony founded in the American southwest had experienced success with crop growing.
GRAND UNIFIED MICRONATIONAL
- 2 January saw the first Quorum of the new Chairman, King Adam I of Überstadt. Thomas Merrell of Zenrax was appointed Vice Chair, Bradley of Dullahan as Chief Justice, and Emperor Jonathan I as Archivist.
- After three years of relative diplomatic inactivity, Juclandia has announced that it will “take her head out of the sand” and engage with the international community of small nations, partially in an attempt to help combat a perceived drift towards far-right and far-left politics; “our culture, our values and our principles can help others moderate their own discourse”.
- In the third week of January, Lord Spiritual Richard of Mercia and Sôgmô Will Soergel of Sandus met in Reykjavík, Iceland. The two leaders discussed matters of national importance and toured the local area.
- A new information sign has been erected at the Molossian border with the US. Previously, information brochures were available for passers-by to take, but these would often run out.
- On 26 January, President Baugh of Molossia announced the construction of a Friendship Gateway in a symbolic gesture of opposition to plans for a US-Mexico border wall. The gateway is “to symbolise inclusiveness and openness”, and donors who buy a brick for the gate will have their names inscribed on a plaque.
- On 25 January, the Principality of Ongal issued its first gold currency, golden Dukats made of 14 carat gold. The coins were issued in celebation of the marriage of a princess in the ruling family.
- On 19 December, the Delveran Ministry of State released a document claiming some half a million square miles of the United States of America around their territorial claims as a “sphere on influence” in which they claimed to have exclusive rights to cultural, military, political, and economic development and expansion along with the US, to the exclusion of any other small nations that may arise.
- On 23 December, King Eran passed a decree ordering the foreign ministry “to resume and expand the diplomatic efforts” of Florenia.
- On 20 December, the state owned media service Scânteia was transitioned into an independent news agency, Telenot, funded but not administered by the government. Reforms were also made to the nation’s public broadcasting service.
- On 21 December, the five citizens of Sandus unanimously voted for the Sôgmô’s reign to continue in the annual solstice election.
- Earlier today, Sôgmô Soergel added two new days to the already famously busy Sandum calendar; African Diaspora Recognition Day on 12 February to reflect on the effects of slavery and imperialism on African people around the world, and Religious Tolerance Day on 24 August to reflect on religious violence.
- On 26 December, Vikesland was hit by a snowstorm which blocked the roads into the small country.
- On 25 December, Princess Hannah appointed her sister, the now Lady Stephanie, as Marchioness of Wandleside, the most recent territorial acquisition of Wildflower Meadows. Two days later, the neighbouring UK had set up security cameras around the Marquessate, although whether or not this was in response to the claim is yet to be seen.
- On 4 November, Flandrensis announced its withdrawal from the Antarctic Micronational Union, an organisation it founded in 2008 which has been hugely successful in regulating the territorial claims by various small countries and micronations to land in Antarctica. Grand Duke Niels I explained his decision by stating the AMU had “almost no interest in the ecological problems of today”. However, AMU Administrative-General Yaroslav Mar disputed this, publishing an e-mail in which he had offered the Grand Duke the chance to draft a new, more ecologically-focused charter for the organisation.
- On 25 November, King Eran – who had previously held a ceremonial role – published a declaration in which he suspended Parliament and instituted temporary personal rule, instructing his son Prince Nathan, the Prime Minister, to draw up plans for reform. This comes after several months of apparent inactivity in the Florenian government.
- On 24 November, an arson attack burnt down the Tower of the Winds, a quarter of the sculpture “Nimis”, one of two over which Ladonia declared independence from Sweden due to planning permission disputes. There have been no claims to responsibility for the attack. Queen Carolyn I promised that “Nimis will be repaired, and grow to be even larger than before… rising like a Phoenix from the ashes.”
- On 27 November, Molossia unveiled a Little Free Library on its north-western border with the US, full of books to be swapped for free by passing readers in Molossia and in the United States.
- On 13 November, Rudno adopted a new theocratic constitution, declaring that it would have no King but Jesus Christ, and renaming the office of Ambict, head of government, to Steward.
- On 12 November, the State Bank of Zealandia announced the creation of a new Zealandian currency, the Credit, pegged to equal value with the Australian dollar.
- On 23 November, Chairwoman Charlotte Lindstrom signed into a law guaranteeing the right of Zealandians to practice “the magickal arts” so long as such are not inconsistent with the law or “good proletarian morals”.
- On 5 October, a meeting of the Chamber of Deputies relocated the capital from Lavrada to Colo, established a Confederal Bank of Delvera, and set up a wage system for government employees.
- On 16 October, Hatsu Aki was sworn in as the new head of state after the resignation of his father in July. The title of the head of state, Daitōryō Daimyō, can be translated as “President-Noble” or “President-Lord”.
- On 29 October, President Kevin Baugh and the Molossian First Family took part in the annual Nevada Day Parade in Carson City for the tenth time. The President met with various Nevadan dignitaries, including the governor and several congressional candidates, most of whom were found to be already aware of Molossia.
SABIA AND VERONA
- On 20 October, Sabia and Verona celebrated four years since its foundation. King Tarik released a statement celebrating the stability of the kingdom.
- On 19 October, Sôgmô Will Soergel celebrated the Sandum holiday of Armilustrium by publishing a playlist on Spotify and conducting a religious ritual.
- On 26 October, the Sôgmô announced a meeting of the Citizen’s Party of Sandus to formulate an official platform for the party, a goal which had previously been intended to have been reached by May earlier this year.
- On 14 October, the Principality of Wildflower Meadows annexed Grosvenor Park, an ornamental Victorian park in the British city of Chester, located directly between the Principality’s existing claims of Chester Meadows and the walled city itself.
- On 26 October, Claire Nymoria was appointed the new Prime Minister of Zealandia by leader Charlotte Lindstrom.
- Duke Elias I, who has reigned over the Antarctic duchy of Campinia since 2013, abdicated yesterday in favour of Shady Morsi, who has become the fourth monarch of the sixteen year-old nation.
- UPDATE: This has since been revealed to have been a misunderstanding. The Duke merely offered Morsi the position of head of government; the latter mistakenly interpreted this as an abdication, which he then publicised. The situation has now been resolved: Elias I reigns as Duke, with Shady Morsi as head of government.
- Juclandians celebrated eight years since the foundation of their state’s current incarnation on 23 August; this begun almost three weeks of celebrations, which will culminate on 10 September, the fifteenth anniversary of the original foundation of the country.
- Hatsu Ryuho, the prime minister and founder of Kumano, nominated on 11 August his younger brother, Hatsu Aki, for head of state, after their father O-Hatsu Kenji-sama retired from the position last month. The National Senate met last week to discuss the nomination.
LEYLANDIISTAN & GURVATA
- On 22 August, a National Dental Health Initiative was signed into law, aiming to promote positive dental hygiene amongst the population. The government will be distributing free dental supplies to citizens.
- Two years since Leylandiistan and Gurvata unified into a single state were celebrated on 30 August, on which an announcement was made that a governmental plan for 2016 has, with four months of the year left to go, already been fully implemented.
- On 18 August, Sôgmô Soergel appointed Jacob Valentine (né Tierney) as Minister of Diplomatic Affairs. The former Renasian premier is an experienced diplomat, as well as a long-standing and well-liked member of the MicroWiki community. This appointment comes after a steady decrease in the international standing of Sandus, with the state having recently lost diplomatic ties with former close friends such as Zealandia and with the Empire itself.
- On 1 August, the King of Überstadt embarked on a naval voyage with Baron Ballinger, Vice Admiral of the Navy, conducting sea trials for a new amphibious warfare craft. The new boat has been named HMNS Duke of Edmount.
GRAND UNIFIED MICRONATIONAL
- On 4 June, after almost a year as a private venue for professional discussion between politicians and diplomats, the Grand Unified Micronational once more became an intergovernmental organisation, adopting a new Charter. The Empire of Austenasia and many other small nations are once more member states.
- On 25 June, Co-President Fionnbarra Ó Cathail of Leylandiistan and Gurvata was elected the twenty fourth Chairman of the GUM, beating sole opponent Lord Kit McCarthy by nine votes to one.
- On 11 June, Prime Minister Hatsu Ryuho reached a unity government agreement with his sister the opposition leader Senator Hatsu Sakura under the supervision of Kumano’s head of state O-Hatsu Kenji-sama, father of the two siblings. The two resolved several political issues and resolved to work together for the country despite their disagreements.
- On 29 June, the State of Sandus convened a legislative caucus to amend its citizenship laws. The last time a caucus was held was between February and April 2010, with legislative power usually wielded by the Sôgmô (head of state).
- The Überstadti navy has been reduced in size to a single ship, with its amphibious landing craft the Bergstrom having been judged beyond repair after being damaged in a gale in August last year. A search for a new amphibious operations vessel is underway.
- On 16 June, Princess Hannah granted the title Duke of Sweetpea Valley to HIM Emperor Jonathan I. The duchy had formerly been held by the Princess herself.
- On 24 June, the People’s Electoral Commission revoked the registration of the Moderate Party, claiming that it was not sufficiently active.