The Principality of Wildflower Meadows expanded again yesterday with the claim of a grassy area of parkland near Princess Hannah’s residence in the United Kingdom.
The new territory, claimed as the Barony of Forestedge, is uninhabited and measures roughly 53,200 square feet.
Princess Hannah was accompanied yesterday by Emperor Jonathan I and Wildflowerian noble Lady Laura when the land was claimed.
Forestedge joins the Marquessate of Wandleside as one of the only two areas of Wildflower Meadows enclosed by south London, the majority of the Principality’s land being an enclave of Cheshire.
- On 9 February, Florenia expanded for the first time in its nearly six-year history. King Eran I annexed his personal residence – which until now had been in the United States of America – as the Dominion of Lexington. Afula, which prior to this was Florenia’s only land claim, remains the nation’s capital.
- On 10 February, James von Puchow as Chief Minister of Landashir released a declaration ceding Landashir’s final land claim – a residential property now in the UK – and having it assume the status of a non-territorial nation as opposed to a nation-state. From now on, Landashir’s government “shall operate as a general council of all registered Landashir’n nationals.”
- On 12 February, the Molossian Navy conducted a weapons test, successfully launching two rockets from a newly acquired RC1 Rocket Cannon.
- Princess Hannah celebrated her 21st birthday on 27 February with a meal and drinks out with her fiancé Emperor Jonathan I and several friends from the University of Chester.
- Zealandia, while well-known for its frequent changes of governmental system, has always retained its actual name; that is, until now. The country has changed its name to Uskor after the results of a referendum were announced on 24 February. Charlotte Lindstrom, founder of the nation and its paramount leader throughout its history, was sworn in as Chairwoman of Uskor on 27 February.
The Principality of Wildflower Meadows annexed yet more land yesterday, following expansions in October and November last year.
A strip of land connecting its three largest territories was claimed by Princess Hannah yesterday afternoon, with the approval of Emperor Jonathan I.
Maybridge, as the new county has been named, consists of two areas of land on either side of the River Dee, connected by the Queen’s Park Bridge.
While the northern area includes historical landmarks such as a Roman amphitheatre and the ruins of the city’s original cathedral, the area south of the river consists mainly of residential properties.
The new land claim connects the county of Grosvenor Park to the two duchies of Deva Victrix and Chester Meadows, the latter two being the original land claim of the Principality.
A map of the three territories now connected by Maybridge (the new claim in red) can be seen here.
- On 19 December, the Delveran Ministry of State released a document claiming some half a million square miles of the United States of America around their territorial claims as a “sphere on influence” in which they claimed to have exclusive rights to cultural, military, political, and economic development and expansion along with the US, to the exclusion of any other small nations that may arise.
- On 23 December, King Eran passed a decree ordering the foreign ministry “to resume and expand the diplomatic efforts” of Florenia.
- On 20 December, the state owned media service Scânteia was transitioned into an independent news agency, Telenot, funded but not administered by the government. Reforms were also made to the nation’s public broadcasting service.
- On 21 December, the five citizens of Sandus unanimously voted for the Sôgmô’s reign to continue in the annual solstice election.
- Earlier today, Sôgmô Soergel added two new days to the already famously busy Sandum calendar; African Diaspora Recognition Day on 12 February to reflect on the effects of slavery and imperialism on African people around the world, and Religious Tolerance Day on 24 August to reflect on religious violence.
- On 26 December, Vikesland was hit by a snowstorm which blocked the roads into the small country.
- On 25 December, Princess Hannah appointed her sister, the now Lady Stephanie, as Marchioness of Wandleside, the most recent territorial acquisition of Wildflower Meadows. Two days later, the neighbouring UK had set up security cameras around the Marquessate, although whether or not this was in response to the claim is yet to be seen.
Emperor Jonathan I and Princess Consort Hannah yesterday held an engagement party in Wallington.
The couple had announced that they had become engaged to be married on 5 September earlier this year.
The party was held at the Trinity Centre in Wallington.
Emperor Father Terry led the toasts towards the end of the night, and a large buffet was available.
The party was attended by the entire population of Greater Wrythe, members and friends of the extended Imperial Family, family and friends of the Princess Consort, and dignitaries such as the ex-Emperor Esmond III and Wildflowerian nobility.
The Principality of Wildflower Meadows expanded yesterday for a second time since its foundation in May.
A 550 feet-long stretch of the River Wandle and an adjoining area of grass and trees were claimed by Princess Hannah and named Wandleside.
Wandleside is situated mere feet away from the Princess’ home in south London, where she was staying having travelled from her university accommodation in Chester for the mid-term reading week.
The new annexation has been recognised by Princess Hannah’s fiancé, Emperor Jonathan I, who was present at the annexation and co-founded the principality with her earlier in the year.
Wandleside is the first area to be claimed by Wildflower Meadows within the vicinity of the Carshalton Nations, having previously been based entirely in Chester.
The principality also expanded last month with the annexation of Grosvenor Park in Chester.
- On 5 October, a meeting of the Chamber of Deputies relocated the capital from Lavrada to Colo, established a Confederal Bank of Delvera, and set up a wage system for government employees.
- On 16 October, Hatsu Aki was sworn in as the new head of state after the resignation of his father in July. The title of the head of state, Daitōryō Daimyō, can be translated as “President-Noble” or “President-Lord”.
- On 29 October, President Kevin Baugh and the Molossian First Family took part in the annual Nevada Day Parade in Carson City for the tenth time. The President met with various Nevadan dignitaries, including the governor and several congressional candidates, most of whom were found to be already aware of Molossia.
SABIA AND VERONA
- On 20 October, Sabia and Verona celebrated four years since its foundation. King Tarik released a statement celebrating the stability of the kingdom.
- On 19 October, Sôgmô Will Soergel celebrated the Sandum holiday of Armilustrium by publishing a playlist on Spotify and conducting a religious ritual.
- On 26 October, the Sôgmô announced a meeting of the Citizen’s Party of Sandus to formulate an official platform for the party, a goal which had previously been intended to have been reached by May earlier this year.
- On 14 October, the Principality of Wildflower Meadows annexed Grosvenor Park, an ornamental Victorian park in the British city of Chester, located directly between the Principality’s existing claims of Chester Meadows and the walled city itself.
- On 26 October, Claire Nymoria was appointed the new Prime Minister of Zealandia by leader Charlotte Lindstrom.